Hassela Churchpå Hassela kyrka
In the famous wall painting by G. Torham you will find many wellknown people from Hassela. About 2 kilometers east of this Church, the old Church is located. Nowadays only a restored ruin on the premises of the Folk Museum in Hassela.
The Church was built 1823-26 in Karl Johans style. When the Church was taken in use, the old medieval stone Church from 11:th century was abandoned. The brickwalled Church consist of a rectangular long building with additioned enlarged sacristy in the east, and also a Church Tower in the west. Entrances are in bottom of the Tower and on the South side of the long building. The northern portal was blocked when restoring the Church in 1950's, when also the underlined grandstand was built.
The exterior of the Church is typical for its time and well preserved. The walls are plastered White, on the inside and out, and are cut by roundheaded wall openings. The Church chamber is characterized by the restoration in the 1950's, when amongst other things, the original thin vault was taken away, and the walls isolated with light Concrete tiles and the interior settings renewed.
The light, plain Church chamber - as when restoring got a homogeneous character - is dominated by Gunnar Torhamns monumental altarpiece from the same era.
Phone: +46(0)652-747490 administrative office of the Church.
Bergsjö Assembly (Bergsjö-Hassela-Ilsbo)